And the anti-Trump saga continues, apace…
12 months after the Russia-colluding meme started, there has yet to be one SHRED of evidence to justify a Justice Dept investigation, but that doesn’t matter to these people.
The 28-CFR-600 statute states grounds for appointment of a Special Counsel, noting it’s justified when a criminal investigation of a person or matter is ‘warranted’.
Problem is an Obama-appointed official ‘warranted’ the investigation with no cause… unless it was warranted because of the Left’s anger that Donald Trump was elected.
Then there’s lots of cause…no proof, mind you…just lots of cause – anger.
Now, the ‘special counsel’ is going over decades of Trump business transactions, as if somehow anything done 10 years ago affected the campaign he ran last year…but…
- Don’t worry that there’s absolutely no evidence;
- Don’t worry that there’s nothing that warrants a special counsel;
- Don’t worry that Mueller and his team have Democrat political leanings;
- Don’t worry that he’s a best friend of fired FBI director James Comey;
- Don’t worry that Comey admitted to conspiring to get special counsel appointed;
- Don’t worry that there are obvious conflicts of interest.
The Attorney General establishes jurisdiction within which a special counsel must work. If this isn’t a witch hunt, jurisdiction should start when Trump announced candidacy.
Stay out of his personal and business life before that. In the interest of enforcing that boundary, pay the special counsel and team $1/year, as incentive to wrap it up.
(Don’t worry about the low pay…we’re sure they’re on somebody else’s payroll.)